with Matthew Elton, DPhil, PG Dip (TA Counselling), BACP Registered
- Emotional difficulties blocking your creativity?
- Lack of confidence hampering progress?
- Creative work just fine, but struggling with other parts of your life?
- Working alone and need to share ups and downs with someone outside your network of family, friends, and colleagues?
- Leading / part of a collaborative project and need support on managing the process and/or improving communication?
- Looking for a counsellor / psychotherapist with an insight into the creative process?
Writing and other creative work – music, dance, art, design, performance – inevitably has its ups and downs. Often these can be ridden out with the help of family, friends, and colleagues. But sometimes it can be easier and more effective to seek support from someone independent.
- Face to face sessions (Edinburgh)
- Via video (Zoom / FaceTime)
- Over the phone
Short and long term work undertaken as required.
My usual charge is £50 per session for individuals. The fee for an initial consultation is £25. If you feel that these fees prevent you from committing to ongoing work, please do discuss it with me as I try to offer some flexibility.
To inquire about availability or ask any other questions please use my online form.
Writers and artists may also be interested in Obliquely Productive.
Please note: Obliquely Productive isn’t on the App Store at the moment. It needs to be updated to be compatible / work-well with newer versions of the iPhone operating system. I’m hoping to do this during 2021.
Obliquely Productive is an app for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
I wrote it to help jog me out of creative blocks and encourage me in a supportive way on those occasions when I get stuck.
If you make things – whether artistic, practical, or academic – then you might find this a useful tool.