with Matthew Elton, DPhil, PG Dip (TA Counselling), BACP Registered
- Emotional difficulties blocking your creativity?
- Lack of confidence hampering progress?
- Creative work just fine, but struggling with other parts of your life?
- Working alone and need to share ups and downs with someone outside your network of family, friends, and colleagues?
- Leading / part of a collaborative project and need support on managing the process and/or improving communication?
- Looking for a counsellor / psychotherapist with an insight into the creative process?
Writing and other creative work – music, dance, art, design, performance – inevitably has its ups and downs. Often these can be ridden out with the help of family, friends, and colleagues. But sometimes it can be easier and more effective to seek support from someone independent.
- Face to face sessions (Edinburgh)
- Via video (Skype / FaceTime)
- Over the phone
Short and long term work undertaken as required.
My usual charge is £45 per session for individuals. The fee for an initial consultation is £25. If you feel that these fees prevent you from committing to ongoing work, please do discuss it with me as I try to offer some flexibility.
To find out more, call 07779 036 924 for an informal and confidential chat. Or make an inquiry using the online form.
For writers, I can offer a different kind of support in developing writing skills as well as supporting you in your creative process. For more details about work with writers see the Writing Coach pages.
Writers and artists may also be interested in Obliquely Productive.
Obliquely Productive is an app for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
I wrote it to help jog me out of creative blocks and encourage me in a supportive way on those occasions when I get stuck.
If you make things – whether artistic, practical, or academic – then you might find this a useful tool.
In the UK it costs 79p.